PJ Mod Squad

Looking to give back to PJ a little bit?  Here is your chance.  I am assembling a team, a "PJ mod squad" if you will...

I need 3 individuals to help in investigations of questionable pixel art.  You will track down sources of suspected rips, color reductions, and non pixel art.

Requirements:
  1. Must be proficient in pixel art (not the best, but at least know what you're looking for)
  2. Must be on PJ at least once a day and able to set aside time to assist in investigations.
  3. Must be AT LEAST a level four OR have been here more than 90 days
  4. Must have a clean PJ record (no rips, redux, npa, etc...)
  5. Must have the ability to identify and report any rip/redux/npa by ANY member, including someone you respect or are friends with.
If you do not meet one or more of these requirements, do not bother applying.

These team members names will not be released by the staff, if you want people to know you are a member, we will acknowledge the fact...  Otherwise, we will not acknowledge.  You will be a secret agent of PJ

If you are interested, please send a PM to ensellitis.  Include the times you are typically online and why you want to be a member of the team.  Be descriptive.

Deadline for applying is June 14th.

Posted by Ensellitis @ 5/27/2007 09:16  |    36

jalonso (Level 11 Godfather) @ 6/2/2007 08:58
Has anyone noticed that all of Gil's gallery is ripped and NPA?

Gil (Level 6 Major) @ 6/1/2007 22:56
I was looking for how long I was a member here, and apparently I joined the same day as pixelblink, pretty neat...

04 March 2005

Means I've been here longer than jalonso and Ensellitis, muhahahaha

jalonso (Level 11 Godfather) @ 5/30/2007 16:55
That's right Burrougher Of Backsides

Larwick (Level 8 Regional Boss) @ 5/30/2007 10:35
You can't excuse yourself that easily, bobby bobberton.

Ensellitis (Level 11 Sensei) @ 5/29/2007 20:18
OR have been here more than 90 days :P

The B.O.B. (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 5/29/2007 18:16
Aww shucks Mr. Wonka, I thought I hadda' chance. I'm just a lvl. 3. ( Throws golden chocolate candy wrapper away with free ticket, and  scuffles away, back into dark crevice in ground....NO, NOT that kind of crevice...sick bastards...)

cure (Level 11 Godfather) @ 5/29/2007 17:15
3. Must be AT LEAST a level four OR have been here more than 90 days

djnectar (Level 1 Rookie) @ 5/29/2007 15:12
ill do it

jamon (Level 10 Operative) @ 5/29/2007 13:04
@inkspot ....  lame is when someone is cheating...

Metaru (Level 8 Brigadier General) @ 5/29/2007 09:38

@inkspot: "quien nada hace nada teme"...

just a proverb that means "if you aren't doing anything wrong, what are you afraid of?"

theguy (Level 6 Hitman) @ 5/29/2007 07:35
I would like to say I did report it

Ensellitis (Level 11 Sensei) @ 5/29/2007 05:27
the wip rule is if you dont have a wip for  suspected rip, it gets removed.  suspected rips are ones that ALL the admins agree that it may be one, then it will need a wip to prove its authenticity.

and just to clarify, this is NOT a mod position.  it is just nicknamed the mod squad (google it).

inkspot (Level 4 Button Man) @ 5/29/2007 05:22
Mods, make the textbox work already, it jams every time I want to pozst something!

Anyway, to the topic. I believe that most of the people don't save WIPs, at least i don't, and lots of the stuff I do, I do not make for PJ. So the wip rule is just lame!

Ensellitis (Level 11 Sensei) @ 5/29/2007 03:49
then report it.  dont start post links all over.  use the report link.  i dont know HOW many times i have had to say this.  the admins cant check every comment on this site looking for comments that report rips, YOU NEED TO REPORT IT.  and never post links to suspected rips in comments on unrelated topics.

theguy (Level 6 Hitman) @ 5/29/2007 02:23

like pixelations 3 strike rule?

[[REMOVED]]

Ensellitis (Level 11 Sensei) @ 5/29/2007 00:54
no.  because there can be several people who have 1 account each, but share a computer/network...  like siblings and classmates

jamon (Level 10 Operative) @ 5/29/2007 00:45
yes! some of people ignore request of WIP... that is seen week or two ago...

also can admins ensure that users can't have two accounts from same IP adress?
?

Ensellitis (Level 11 Sensei) @ 5/28/2007 20:09
we have a 2 strike rule...  also, when a piece is in question, we do require a wip.  if they can't produce one it is revised and they usually get a strike.

Monkey 'o Doom (Level 11 Psychopath) @ 5/28/2007 16:00

A lot of people usually save over old copies of their images as they pixel, too, so they'd really be in a pickle and we don't want to discourage people from posting their PA here because of a habit in pixelling.

EDIT: Heh, just today there's a NPA that got accepted.

jamon (Level 10 Operative) @ 5/28/2007 15:18
OK... how about a rule ... that when you post picture you need to post and WIP to...?
or on request... if author don't wont to show it.. BAN! ?

any comments?

REO THE FOX (Level 8 Shodan) @ 5/28/2007 13:15
I can hunt for rip's even if im not a mod.Im a pixel-bountyhunter

Ensellitis (Level 11 Sensei) @ 5/28/2007 12:43
exactly.  these people will be like the police in a small town.  even though 98% of the people are decent and good...  there are those 2% that steal and kill, giving a reason for the police to be there.

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 5/28/2007 12:39
One important note:  this isn't a witch hunt.  There's no need to create drama if there isn't any there.  This is merely to keep things legit at PJ.

theguy (Level 6 Hitman) @ 5/28/2007 12:13

july 12th 1768... wait a miniute thats already gone

Shawn (Level 9 Federal Agent) @ 5/28/2007 11:57
I think I fit all of the requirements. When do I get my gun?

Skull (Level 11 CEO) @ 5/28/2007 09:45
..I'm more of a Rocker than a Mod.. to be fair. :p

The B.O.B. (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 5/28/2007 09:44
I've seen plenty rips...plenty edits, plenty doodles. This place could use some new blood. Who shall be willing to step it up, and become the new sheriffs in town?

schrumpfkopf (Level 4 Team Leader) @ 5/28/2007 09:12

Jalonso - good point - i`ve just seen no rips so far that`s all. Ensellities - impressive stats :0

Faktablad (Level 6 SWAT) @ 5/28/2007 08:52
About how much time do you estimate should be given per day to the cause?

jalonso (Level 11 Godfather) @ 5/28/2007 08:49
@ schrumpfkopf, Cheaters are everywhere, why not here too?

Ensellitis (Level 11 Sensei) @ 5/28/2007 08:09
all applicants will be notified if they are in or not after final decisions have been made.  probably a day or 2 after the 14th

eckered (Level 5 Killer Klown) @ 5/28/2007 07:57

yeah, like all those people, who come, post one amazing piece, and are never seen again xd

if i enter, when/how will we be notified when the decision is made and if we are in or not?

Ensellitis (Level 11 Sensei) @ 5/28/2007 06:51
we usually get an average of 1 or 2 rips/npa a day reported.

and the queue usually gets 1 a day, and somedays over 10.  and i bet there are atleast a hundred in the gallery right now that are rips, but just need to find the source...

schrumpfkopf (Level 4 Team Leader) @ 5/28/2007 06:43
i wonder if ripping has really become this big here?

Ensellitis (Level 11 Sensei) @ 5/28/2007 06:05
no.  no decision will be made until the deadline.  then me, the lead, and a few other admins will make a decision

Gil (Level 6 Major) @ 5/28/2007 05:59
I'm interested, but I have to think about it. Do we get a smaller chance if we apply later towards the deadline?

Danda ai icon/pixelartAno and Noa Pt. 1 icon/pixelartDragon Jar icon/pixelartExploring icon/pixelart