Challenge Voting: Good vs. Evil

It's time to head on over to the forum and vote for the latest pixel art challenge: Good vs. Evil.

VOTE NOW!

Posted by sedgemonkey @ 5/14/2007 00:01  |    15

jalonso (Level 11 Godfather) @ 5/16/2007 17:49
For some reason Guts does not strike me as having done anything with ill will. I think it was ignorance in his case and I will not hold it against him. He has been to quick with replies, very honest and genuine, imho.

iLKke (Level 9 Nidan) @ 5/16/2007 06:52
I'm not the one who disqualifies anyone.
The rules are simple. Do not steal other peoples work and try to pass it as your own.
It's not a sin to look at another picture while making yours, but it's definitely not allowed to take a picture, resize it, reduce colors, fix it a little and pass it as your own work. That's what MichaS did, and that's why his picture was disqualified.
If I had my way, I wouldn't allow even references (looking at photos etc) in challenges, but I would allow them outside of challenges. It is a good way to learn, but a bad way to compete.

Guts (Level 2 Corporal) @ 5/16/2007 05:58
Here is a picture of the stained glass :
If my work made prejudice like MichaS works, I understand you want to disqualified my entry, that's why I posed you this question. But I really doesn't know it was not autorise, and I write that my entry was inspired from the stained glass of st Médard church. I hope I'm not a renegate at your eyes Be free to delete my entry if necessery.

iLKke (Level 9 Nidan) @ 5/16/2007 03:16
Do you mean you don't know the difference between 'inspired by' and retouching a color reduced image? Do you think it is fair to 'compete' in such a way with people who are making their own art?
Upload your reference image and you'll be told whether you have sinned, my son.

Guts (Level 2 Corporal) @ 5/16/2007 02:38
Mmm, but he redraw all the scene. There is always a big work on it. In that case, as I explain for my entry, it's inspired from a real stained glass. So I must be like MichaS disqualified, no ?

iLKke (Level 9 Nidan) @ 5/16/2007 02:23
Why? Here's why:

Guts (Level 2 Corporal) @ 5/16/2007 00:45
Why ??? I don't understand

Metaru (Level 8 Brigadier General) @ 5/15/2007 10:20

disqualified? hmm...

anyone voting my entry? :D

iLKke (Level 9 Nidan) @ 5/15/2007 02:59
Hm, i could have sworn MichaS's entry was disqualified...

Guts (Level 2 Corporal) @ 5/15/2007 01:44
Metaru > uh uh uh, vote for mine too

Anlina S. (Level 6 Manager) @ 5/14/2007 21:04
Wow that sucked having to choose only three entries. There were a bunch that were right up there.

Gas 13 (Level 9 Boss) @ 5/14/2007 10:03
Where's MichaS' entry? Just curious.

Edit: Found.

elend (Level 3 Private Eye) @ 5/14/2007 09:14
It's always jamon or pain! Great entries.

Metaru (Level 8 Brigadier General) @ 5/14/2007 07:36
vote mines >:D

Guts (Level 2 Corporal) @ 5/14/2007 00:38
So many good entries insert in one day. I don't know for who to vote

Pistol upgrade icon/pixelartmoloko icon/pixelartMovie Night icon/pixelartUlisees icon/pixelart