Challenge Awards: Earthday Tribute

The Earthday Tribute pixel art challenge is complete and we have three new champions. This week's challenge awards go to the following pieces:

My forest scene by MichaS
ilkke in the woods by jamon
TotemTree by pain

Thanks so much to all who took the time to vote and participate in the challenge! Check out the Earthday Tribute forum thread for more information.

Posted by sedgemonkey @ 5/7/2007 00:02  |    16

buloght (Level 6 Hitman) @ 5/15/2007 15:46
I am not so ok anymore too.

Gas 13 (Level 9 Boss) @ 5/15/2007 14:25
And I'm so not ok. Note, that I was not mentioning this entry but everyone was sure I was speaking of it :)

jalonso (Level 11 Godfather) @ 5/14/2007 19:35
I'm not so OK anymore

iLKke (Level 9 Nidan) @ 5/12/2007 03:46
I'm very OK, with you being OK, with Micha taking the top :)

jalonso (Level 11 Godfather) @ 5/10/2007 19:38
I'm very OK, with Misha taking the top :/

tomic (Level 11 Admiral) @ 5/9/2007 09:22

another 2nd place for ilkke.. indirectly at least

no seriously, i'm (again) surprised by the result.. no offense michaS, but i was cocksure jamon's masterpiece (77 faves by the way) would win this *by far*, i mean compare the amount of detailwork in the frontrunner entries.. dammit, seems like ppl just forget voting =/

(a public vote/judge-hybrid is always a fair option too)

iLKke (Level 9 Nidan) @ 5/9/2007 07:36
buloght > judges may be fair, but it's more fun to let the people vote :)

buloght (Level 6 Hitman) @ 5/8/2007 23:37
The results are fine. michas deserved it, so did ilkke and jamon, picking a winner is redundant since they all were of equal greatness.

People not posting art doesn't mean they don't know nothing, for all you know it can be Henk () and level don't equal skill. Art is opinion based, and most of the time you won't always agree with the results (though for these comps so far it's been accurate imo, though ilkke could have been placed higher in most of them, but he is topping the month comp anyways with his skills ), this is a community competition, so let the community vote.

(judges are always a fair option though)

kakikukeko (Level 5 Detective) @ 5/8/2007 03:33
yeah like the more points you have or the higher your level (on PJ I mean) , the more heavy your vote.. would make sense.. that would also motivate people to contribute more to the site, to post more comments and all..
this seems a good idea

iLKke (Level 9 Nidan) @ 5/7/2007 10:23
Hey, thanks for the support, but it's not really that bad. I AM in the top three, kinda, seeing how I'm in jamon's entry. :D

As for the flaws in voting system, I don't think ppl who post no art should have equal voting power as veterans. Maybe if voting power=level?

kakikukeko (Level 5 Detective) @ 5/7/2007 07:20
I was a bit surprised too.. but I guess sometimes artistic value affects more people than technic.. and you can't deny that Michas's entry definitly has a lot of qualities...
as long as ther is no cheating in the vote, I think it's better the way it is now.. (imo)

Gas 13 (Level 9 Boss) @ 5/7/2007 04:09
You guys have no idea what pixelart is if ilkke wasn't in your top 3.

It would be more fair if the voting was made by admins, or, for example, top 3 winners of the previous challenge. This voting have a bad smell.

eckered (Level 5 Killer Klown) @ 5/7/2007 03:48
michas wouldnt have been my choice, but gratz anyway. i went with ilkke, pain, and jamon. i thought ilkkes was beter then jamon's, but thats just me.

iLKke (Level 9 Nidan) @ 5/7/2007 02:40
Congratulations

Guts (Level 2 Corporal) @ 5/7/2007 00:53
Very good selection. hard to choose only 3 pics

kakikukeko (Level 5 Detective) @ 5/7/2007 00:18
congrats to the winners!!
didn't expect the top 3 would be in this order!

Fraktur font "ARYAN" icon/pixelartThe Long (...) Night icon/pixelartCrying Deer icon/pixelartNinja Gal icon/pixelart