Challenge Voting Bug (The Sequel)

Once again, sedgemonkey f*cked up on the voting for the challenges.  While correcting the voting last week I accidentally set a "spam vote" flag for the majority of all votes tallied.  No votes were lost, but the top 3 positions in the challenge were not correct.

I've corrected all the voting and the awards and we have new winners for both Love Machine and Chinese New Year (just announced a couple hours ago).  My deepest apologies to all who got the shaft on this:  Setzer, iSTVAN, Krysis, Ensellitis, Skeddles, Tremulant and especially ThereIsNoCure who got robbed twice.

Posted by sedgemonkey @ 3/5/2007 01:57  |    14

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 3/6/2007 09:25

@FSS:  I think jalonso had similar ideas about the extended awards.  I think we will end up doing something like that... just need to refuel.

FrankieSmileShow (Level 6 Manager) @ 3/6/2007 08:02
Id put some sort of mix of both. Judges make the final decision, but take the votes into account.
Not professionnal judges, just a few people (or just one guy, even) who wouldnt participate in the challenges and would judge the entries instead. Keeping the votes would make the decision-making easier and prolly much faster.

If there are enough entries, they could even end up giving special mentions for pixels that didnt win top 3, but had other special things, like a mention for creativity and a technical mention (for things like color restriction, use of restricted palettes...)
I dunno, just throwing some ideas around. Just thought it was a shame to have 20+ entries, and only spotlight three of them.

Aleiav (Level 2 Quiet One) @ 3/6/2007 07:35
I personally feel like voting is better than judging. Because then you feel like the award is truly coming from the community, not just some random four or so people who may be biased towards you.

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 3/5/2007 21:08
@TINC:  Pretty damn funny, funny man.

Regarding judges:   I think it would be very difficult to get a reasonable number of judges to rank the pieces week after week.  Perhaps we'll have special challenges with guest judges in the future. For now, I just want to get the weekly challenge flowing bug free for a few weeks.

Keep the suggestions coming!

Larwick (Level 8 Regional Boss) @ 3/5/2007 19:13
Aramax: Pixelation 4 u! (Although i kinda agree)
Silly Sedge, but we love you for it. However i get the feeling there's some sneaky business going on..

skeddles (Level 11 Psychopath) @ 3/5/2007 15:48
yay! i got apologized at!

i have no clue why though....

cure (Level 11 Godfather) @ 3/5/2007 14:23
Or perhaps hire a crack team of astronauts to go into space and rearrange the stars to spell "pixeljoint".
That's within our budget, right?

Aramax (Level 1 Rookie) @ 3/5/2007 13:45

Like the votes of a bunch of internauts really mean anything.

Sedgemonkey, You should really hire a bunch of professional judge or peoples who have time to really rate every art pieces one by one... maybe with the help from the community to point out those who deserve the most to be rated.

ceddo (Level 6 Yonkyu) @ 3/5/2007 12:24
It's really not a place to be making jokes, Berta. This is a tragic scene of vandalism. *sniffle*

Berta (Level 1 Rookie) @ 3/5/2007 07:37
Hello

cure (Level 11 Godfather) @ 3/5/2007 06:16
I'm not complaining.  Thanks for the fix sedge.

iSTVAN (Level 8 Cannibal) @ 3/5/2007 04:13
Dang! I thought I'd made the top three both times! How wrong I was. Oh well, I suppose the new results make a little more sense.

Ensellitis (Level 11 Sensei) @ 3/5/2007 02:19
damn :|

oh well, i would rather get a legit award than one that was wrong.  congrats to the actual winners

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 3/5/2007 02:06
Ugh,  I feel really bad about this guys.  I was so obsessed with writing an anti-votespam tool that I kind of lost track of legit votes.

The Rulekeeper icon/pixelartLittle Ship icon/pixelartmonster boi icon/pixelartBio-luminescent Flower icon/pixelart