Video Games and Eyesight a match made in Heaven

Sufficed to say I was one that was always told and believed video games to be bad for your eyes, but a new study is coming out to say that isn't true.

"These games push the human visual system to the limits and the brain adapts to it. That learning carries over into other activities and possibly everyday life."

So pick up those video games and get back on your butt....It's good for ya!

Full Story Here

Posted by Cryssy @ 2/9/2007 09:44  |    10

Larwick (Level 8 Regional Boss) @ 2/9/2007 15:26
Thing is, it doesnt actually say in what way it will improve your eyesight. Does it just mean you can move them around quicker? I certainly doubt it will improve long or short sightedness.

Mykola (Level 2 Flatfoot) @ 2/9/2007 13:41
too much of anything still isn't a good thing. Of course if you'll play them all day your eyesight will go down REAL soon, regardless how optimistic you might be :D.

Cryssy (Level 2 Peon) @ 2/9/2007 13:08
My eyes have always been bad...I blame my father

Lawrence (Level 10 Operative) @ 2/9/2007 12:41
My eyesight started to become bad when I first started playing video games, so I'm a bit skeptical.

sausage (Level 5 Sniper) @ 2/9/2007 12:23

Right, let me come to the rescue!

1: Video game ARE good for your eyes,   I've never felt any eye problems occur while playing any computer games etc, and playing on something like the Playstation for example, is the same as watching TV.

2: The earth is sphere, because i said so

Skull (Level 11 CEO) @ 2/9/2007 12:09
Oh, Hell yeah...

Cryssy (Level 2 Peon) @ 2/9/2007 12:00
I don't have time to think, I am a college student

TillimannBanana (Level 2 Corporal) @ 2/9/2007 11:46
No, I didn't but I still don't know... ...think about it!

Cryssy (Level 2 Peon) @ 2/9/2007 11:26
Oh no the earth isn't a sphere the earth is flat...didn't you know ;)

TillimannBanana (Level 2 Corporal) @ 2/9/2007 11:24
This is an empirical study, so be careful with such sentences, this is just a theory, a model, an assumption because the science itself asserts not be able to find truths. If another scientist tries to proof this with a bigger sample he might will get other data and will argue the converse.
To say games are good because of some studies is just as bad as the claim games are bad because of some studies.

---
Do you know that the earth is a sphere or do you just believe it?

Pixel hunters icon/pixelartThe Ezahl Games - Weapons icon/pixelartfurther dota heroes icon/pixelartScissors Still icon/pixelart