Sydney Finds Employment: New indie game!

Sydney is a bum. And he's a bum with a problem. A new policy set in place by a joint venture between the political parties, churches and big businesses to rid the streets of homelessness and unemployment sparks the catalyst for this adventure game.
Part comedy and partially a message to the public about the problems on the streets, SFE is a highly entertaining and visually appealing adventure in a style long forgotten by modern gaming.
With story, coding and graphics by Ivan Dixon (aka iSTVAN aka me) and music by Steve Larabie (aka PB aka Pixel Blink), this is an all out pixel joint admin showcase! Not to mention it features 100% pixel graphics.

Download it here!

Posted by iSTVAN @ 12/29/2006 01:37  |    15

iSTVAN (Level 8 Cannibal) @ 1/2/2007 15:16
'Fraid not Modanung. I don't even know what Linux is, apart from being an alternative OS.

Modanung (Level 1 Rookie) @ 1/2/2007 07:59
Any chance for a Linux version? And I don't mean running it in a Windows emulator.

Larwick (Level 8 Regional Boss) @ 12/30/2006 07:52
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey!

Filax_666 (Level 6 Hitman) @ 12/30/2006 02:15
Oh damn! I'm not going to able to play for sometime then... iSTVAN: I meant 'Super Jazz Man' and, don't get me wrong, I didn't mean you copied the style...I would never expect that from someone like you! I just thought it was funny the fact that you two did two different games with a style that, despite the obvious differences, has some simmilarities!

Akzidenz (Level 2 Peon) @ 12/30/2006 01:28
Filax - if you have an intel-based Mac, you can run Windows through Bootcamp or Parallel. Otherwise, no. It doesn't run natively in OSX.

Skull (Level 11 CEO) @ 12/30/2006 01:00
The game is fantastic! The graphics and sound are excellent and just screams Monkey Island.. all those good times... :)

iSTVAN (Level 8 Cannibal) @ 12/29/2006 20:40
Thanks all!

The B.O.B: Your words are very kind. If I ever needed a review of the game I'd enlist you right away!

Filax_666: Which Big Brother game do you mean? His latest, 'Super Jazz Man'  or the 'Apprentice' series? The later features CG backgrounds and the former has a much more psychedelic palette. I had also not seen Super Jazz Man until after I finished all the graphics for SFE. Anyway, I don't mind the comparison because BB's art is amazing.

Monkey 'o Doom (Level 11 Psychopath) @ 12/29/2006 14:37
If you can get OSX to run .exe's, it probably works flawlessly.

Filax_666 (Level 6 Hitman) @ 12/29/2006 13:36
I'm wondering...does it work on OSX? I saw a screenshot and I noticed that the aesthetics of this game a really close to the aesthetics of the game Big Brother worked on a few time ago...or is it just me? Anyway, coming from you I'm sure it's really sweet!

Monkey 'o Doom (Level 11 Psychopath) @ 12/29/2006 11:49
I think it's a DNS error, I tried the link with a proxy and it downloaded perfectly. Fricking Charter.

The B.O.B. (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 12/29/2006 11:21
   Uhm, MoD, it works fine with mean. One try, one download, no issues.

I think the simple art in the game is great. It's the little things in the game that make me laugh, really. I think Sydney is on some killer drugs, cause that bum just won't stop smiling. He has no expression, other than happiness. Also, I laughed everytime there was a cutscene to the business yuppies, or when I reacted with them. "Bah!", heh. Not to mention, that I think I saw a cat stripper display at the pet shop, if I'm not mistaken.

Awesome adventure game. And Steve, PB,  did a wonderful job with the music. It's simplistic nature helps the gamer set in tune with the happy go lucky(even though he's a bum) personality that Sydney is creating. But seriously....HE WON'T STOP SMILING!!!

Monkey 'o Doom (Level 11 Psychopath) @ 12/29/2006 09:45

Hm, after trying to download it about 20 times I came to the conclusion that the site is down. Can't get to the main page or adventuregamestudio.co.uk.

D:|

Monkey 'o Doom (Level 11 Psychopath) @ 12/29/2006 05:37
Sweet! I've been completely addicted to adventure games in the fast few weeks, and this is perfect timing. *D/Ls*

Blueberry_pie (Level 7 General Manager) @ 12/29/2006 03:08
Hell yeah! I've been waiting for this one. Now downloading, can't wait to play it :)

d-p (Level 11 Psychopath) @ 12/29/2006 02:43
Just took some minutes to get an impression of the game, looks great so far.

Sanctuary icon/pixelartCrossovers We Never Wanted to See, No.084: "Anne of Clark Gables" icon/pixelartRecycled Conscript icon/pixelartMoonlight icon/pixelart