Top Pixel Art - October 2006

The following pixel artists produced Pixel Joint's top rated pixel art for October 2006. Many thanks go out to this month's top pixel artists and all the members who took time to rate.

#1 Pixel ArtKraken vs. Vikings by ThereIsNoCure
#2 Pixel ArtAlien VS The Mummy by Snake
#3 Pixel ArtClanrats Platformer Mockup by buloght
#4 Pixel ArtLight Fantastic by cocefi
#5 Pixel ArtStar Wars characters by ElectroNico
#6 Pixel Artbps lava lamp by tomic
#7 Pixel ArtGremlins VS Critters by DarkfalzX
#8 Pixel ArtBugseum by jalonso
#9 Pixel ArtWrong tape by Gas 13
#10 Pixel ArtDance Pumpkin, Dance. by Larwick

Posted by sedgemonkey @ 11/15/2006 15:35  |    13

Ensellitis (Level 11 Sensei) @ 11/18/2006 06:40
oh your right...  that only leaves you with 4 trophies my bad, that makes you a what?  demi-pixelgod?  :P

all well diserved though

tomic (Level 11 Admiral) @ 11/18/2006 06:06

yep, congrats to all.. top notch stuff once again - with at least 2 promising candidates to make it to the hall of fame front page i believe

and ens: i haven't won one this september if i remember right, so don't complain =)

jalonso (Level 11 Godfather) @ 11/16/2006 09:30
Awesome stuff, congrats all.

To Ens from,
Buloght
Tomic
jal ..|.,

cure (Level 11 Godfather) @ 11/16/2006 01:00
And damn does it feel better to be wrong.

Equinoxx (Level 3 Stalker) @ 11/16/2006 00:21
top notch stuff and well deserved. congrats all

Ensellitis (Level 11 Sensei) @ 11/15/2006 23:34
congrats to larwick for his first trophy...

FU jalonso, tomic, and buloght...  stop stealing all the trophies

congrats to everyone else, well earned trophies...

and cure, you owe me 1 (one) fan art piece, how DARE you have any doubt in yourself, let me be the one whom has the low self esteem, that is my job!  (and damn does it feel good to be right :D)

The B.O.B. (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 11/15/2006 21:15
Dizammnn. I was hopin' at least one of my pieces would have crawled through this month. But it's amazing how much awesome pieces were submitted from mid-Oct, and how fast they climbed to the top. Also TINC(heh, Tinc. Tink, Tinker...) I think you got some work to do. Mr. E. is waiting, slave! I congratulate everyone, and I applaud all who made it this month....just watch your back from now on...

cure (Level 11 Godfather) @ 11/15/2006 19:46
I honestly can't believe that this is lar's first trophy.  Congrats back at you, buloght, the quality of your gallery seems to be very consistent.  I must admit, I was pretty damned happy to see that shiny trophy by my name.  Snake was worrying me there for a bit, and not without good reason.
Thanks to all, and congrats all around.

buloght (Level 6 Hitman) @ 11/15/2006 17:01
I agree sedge, it makes one learn from so many great artists. Thanks sedge :)

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 11/15/2006 16:55

@buloght:  Having new members come in and kick ass is the best.  Every one of these new artists brings their own unique style and approach to pixel art.  Great stuff.

Oh yeah, congrats to all the other winners this month including the perennial winner buloght.

buloght (Level 6 Hitman) @ 11/15/2006 16:25
Congrats Cure. And also to the rest on the list! Especially congrats to so many new comers, Snake, Cocefi, Electronico, DarkfalzX. (coming from a sorta-new comer).

Larwick (Level 8 Regional Boss) @ 11/15/2006 15:41

Wow, i got bumped back in there in the last few hours then. Thanks everyone, my first trophy!

Well done guys, really nice stuff there.

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 11/15/2006 15:39

Damn, so many terrific Pixelween entries sprinkled in this month.  Shows the bump in quality of submissions from last year's contest.

TINC powered through to the top this month.  Doesn't someone get a back scratch out of this or something?

32 Beach Girl icon/pixelartAlys Portrait icon/pixelartTreant walk cycle icon/pixelartSpellicious! icon/pixelart