50 of the Most Important Games Ever Made

Take a look at some of the most important games ever made. Click here to see the top 50!

Posted by 2dgamers @ 8/6/2006 22:41  |    7

Romson (Level 8 Cannibal) @ 12/15/2010 08:57

This list is half-o-trash. There is Metroid, The Legend of Zelda, Super Mario World, Elite, Civilization, Lemmings, Dune II, Carmageddon, Fullout, Baldur's Gate, Quake, Max Payne? The games witch REALLY important for industry?

And one more. This list is NOT represents sales. Sir, no sir! Even closely not.

Dejital (Level 5 Sniper) @ 8/9/2006 08:59
Halo? There was FPS before Halo.

2dgamers (Level 1 Jukyu) @ 8/8/2006 18:36
Of course this could be entirely based on sales, (I really don't know for sure,) but it is interesting to read even if the opinion is a bit biased. Btw, wasn't Metal Slug an import from Japan? I didn't even know about Metal Slug untill I saw it one day in a "half off" bin at my local video game store. (And what a treasure it is!)

Hairyu (Level 3 Hatchikyu) @ 8/8/2006 17:15
Street Fighter II? True.Pong?True.Halo?Gimme a break!No megaman in the list as well, even though it revolutioned gaming...

Mykola (Level 2 Flatfoot) @ 8/8/2006 06:28

Of course you can't stick all the real good games into that list - Kirby and earthworm Jim are the ones that instantly come to me, but hey!.. Every 'top' list is subjective..

That was a very good feature with some insight on the games. Thanks for the cool link, I enjoyed reading it this morning!

Carnivac (Level 8 Shodan) @ 8/8/2006 05:45
Important to who?  Most of those games ain't important to me and that's all I care about :)

Skull (Level 11 CEO) @ 8/8/2006 04:43
Yeah, they blants missed out Metal Slug.

avatar icon/pixelartEdward and Alphonse icon/pixelartCrying Deer icon/pixelartFemale Punch Anim icon/pixelart