Funniest Console Games of All Time

Just a quick announcement that there is a new poll in the forum.  What is the funniest console game of all time?

Posted by sedgemonkey @ 8/5/2006 07:50  |    14

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 8/6/2006 18:22
Foooook. Sorry about messing up the poll in the forum -- I posted the thread in the wrong place.  It's all fixed now.

HMC (Level 7 General Manager) @ 8/6/2006 15:17
The Mario RPG games, the Banjo Kazooie series, Psychonauts, and Under a Killing Moon come to mind as far as funny games go.

Mykola (Level 2 Flatfoot) @ 8/6/2006 11:28
Yeah, I'm having the can't post thing too, and not only in that topic, but in ones where i previously posted actually..

jalonso (Level 11 Godfather) @ 8/5/2006 23:54
I'm getting this warning when posting too:
Error: Only members with sufficient permission can access this page.

Dejital (Level 5 Sniper) @ 8/5/2006 18:57
Monkey 4 was funny, although it was a terrible way to carry on the legendary name. What was that girl... Her name was Britney and she said her dream was to become a singer and dancer and have back up dancers and she wanted to become famous, but she couldn't do either! Obviously talking about Britney Spears. I rofl'd.

I agree, though, Mario's not funny unless you count the Mario RPGs.

Carnivac (Level 8 Shodan) @ 8/5/2006 18:18
Oh yeah I didn't count Monkey Island 4 on PS2 mainly cos I felt the game (PC version too) was one of Lucasarts' weakest and not a patch on the previous three 'Monkey's'.
Bit confused by a couple of the options on there too.  Are the Mario games supposed to be funny?  I've played a hell of a lot of them (including the painfully mediocre New Super Mario Bros) and can't say I've ever found any of them funny, more just silly at times.

Carnivac (Level 8 Shodan) @ 8/5/2006 18:16
Timesplitters Future Perfect for me.  It's pretty much the only intentionally funny game, bar the Lucasarts games that actually made me laugh quite a few times.  Usually it's unexpected ludicrous situations that happen in some games (usually in multiplayer) that have me laughing, most of them usually to do with creating wrestlers in the Smackdown that look like certain people and characters...

mikembley (Level 1 Intern) @ 8/5/2006 17:19
Conkers Bad Fur Day.. hilarious laughs, including rude adult jokes.

Dejital (Level 5 Sniper) @ 8/5/2006 14:09
Can't vote or post there, but I've gotta say Monkey Island. :)

pixelblink (Level 9 Federal Agent) @ 8/5/2006 14:06
MoD: That isn't Shark... that's Wolverine. Funny how an emulated avatar can confuse so easily.

Sedge, I think you've put the poll in the Mod category so others can't use it

Monkey 'o Doom (Level 11 Psychopath) @ 8/5/2006 12:26
Shark has the same issue as I do.

Blueberry_pie (Level 7 General Manager) @ 8/5/2006 11:56
The Monkey Island games were indeed incredibly funny... most of LucasArts' adventure games, for that matter.
Still... does Monkey Island qualify as a console game? Only part 4 appeared on a console (PS2).

I thought Abe's Oddyssey and Exoddus were amusing... just not quite laugh-out-loud funny.

My vote goes to Mario Bros... see forum thread.

Skull (Level 11 CEO) @ 8/5/2006 08:33
Abe's Odyssey wasn't were funny to me at all. I vote Monkey Island!

Carnivac (Level 8 Shodan) @ 8/5/2006 08:19
Dumb forum gave me some 'do not have permission' thing after I clicked to send my post...

Spellicious! icon/pixelartChupacabraGirl2Kai icon/pixelartRachel icon/pixelartPet 03a - Lion Baby icon/pixelart