Pixel Joint Tweaks

Over the last few weeks we've made several changes to Pixel Joint and the Pixel Joint Forum...

• Forum was upgraded to version 8 and with it some additional gallery/forum integration (still some minor bugs to fix, but working for the most part).
  • Themes will now work in the forum.
  • "Total Favorites Received" are now being stored in member's table for easy access.
  • Upgraded database software which will increase performance.
  • Added serverside caching to a lot of commonly accessed data which will increase performance.
  • Added an issue log so all admins can view "contact" inquiries.
  • Added other miscellaneous admin tools for the gallery site including tools to quickly and easily remove spammers and other deviants.
  • Added tools for multiple specific "link backs" (digg, reddit, del.ico.us, etc) for anyone interested in writing a newsworthy post on Pixel Joint.

In addition to all these boring changes there's some exciting developments coming soon starting with a public pixel art queue.  This will allow members besides admins to have a say in what makes it into the gallery and what needs revision.  I'm also working on making member profile pages more customizable so you can control the look and feel of your PJ gallery.

Feel free to PM me (sedgemonkey) suggestions and stay tuned for more details.

Posted by sedgemonkey @ 7/18/2006 11:49  |    11

eghost (Level 6 Hitman) @ 7/19/2006 12:17

Nice upgrade...New features are always fun...

Can't believe I'm even in the top 100 for most faves tho...

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 7/19/2006 07:46

I've tested the drop down menus in every major browser I know of without changing the default settings (IE, Firefox, Opera, Netscape, Safari) and they work for me. Can't really help ya there.

The zoom in non-IE browsers has definitely been a problem on the gallery site... I will try and get that fixed soon.

Ensellitis (Level 11 Sensei) @ 7/19/2006 06:23
nice, i just noticed the language selectors!

kaltsu (Level 2 Flatfoot) @ 7/19/2006 05:02
Uhh. When I zoom at the pics in the gallery, pics go over zoom & point buttons. Have to refresh  page if I want to reduce the size again.

Somehow can't see drop down menus (anywhere) either. Using mainly version 1.5.0.4 of Firefox but drop down menus seemed to be malfunctional also in Explorer and Opera. I'm getting thoughts that there's some problems with my browser (all of them?) settings or my firewall (!) settings or something. Javascript is enabled so that's not the reason. Not having same problems with other sites either.

Any suggestions? Someone else having same problems? Thanks in advance and yet again thanks to Sedge & others for the great site and hard work. Keep on truckin'.

ryumaru (Level 3 Private Eye) @ 7/18/2006 22:34
woo, 80th place in the most fav's

zAk (Level 3 Stalker) @ 7/18/2006 21:16
whatever, as long as it doesnt get worse - PJ will be my favourite :D However if it can get better - two thumbs up... However there is one request - the smiley menu etc doesnt show on Mac Safari, its not a huge setback but it would be awesome if it did... zAk ^^^

d-p (Level 11 Psychopath) @ 7/18/2006 16:02
Nice to see your newest changes, its great how you keep this page growing with new features. I like the functionality of the page very much how its now. Please dont overload the page with features - you never did - so Im sure that pixeljoint keeps a easy to use, clearly arranged, running system.

halfDemon (Level 6 Hitman) @ 7/18/2006 12:55
Sedge, custimization is all I needed to hear.

Skull (Level 11 CEO) @ 7/18/2006 12:41
Customisation, you say. Very nice.

Lawrence (Level 10 Operative) @ 7/18/2006 12:30
Nice work sedge, you work so hard on this site. The new public queue sounds like it will be good, and especially the cusomisable profile pages!

fil_razorback (Level 5 Lieutenant) @ 7/18/2006 12:07

And the "Insert Smiley" window appears in my own native language :)

Danda ai icon/pixelartetails/ icon/pixelartApple Tree icon/pixelartDragon Jar icon/pixelart