Note of Youth

Students are now using a special ringtone that plays in a frequency that is higher than what most adults are able to hear, allowing them to use their cellphones in class without the teacher knowing.

Posted by HMC @ 6/14/2006 08:38  |    14

halfDemon (Level 6 Hitman) @ 6/24/2006 18:09
I didn't hear anything and I'm only 15... is that a bad thing?

CDI (Level 5 Detective) @ 6/19/2006 13:45
An oscilliscope is a nice idea, but so many things make so many odd noises, it may not be the best idea

Faktablad (Level 6 SWAT) @ 6/18/2006 17:45
Cure, if you've ever heard a phone on vibrate in the middle of a silent classroom, you'll know that it makes a distinct humming sound from the motor inside the phone, especially if it's resting on the floor or the bottom of a bookbag.

Hairyu (Level 3 Hatchikyu) @ 6/18/2006 13:52
My father is freakin' 60, and he hears it!

Mulchdiggums (Level 2 Peon) @ 6/16/2006 07:47

good idea Lawrence!

the thing is most of them are traffic lights with green yellow and red lights, so it may not show, but i really do not know

Lawrence (Level 10 Operative) @ 6/15/2006 17:41
Hey I just thought of something, I'm sure most schools have a few oscilliscopes lying around, they could just give some to the teachers. Then they'd be able to detect every frequency, even the ones only dogs can hear

Larwick (Level 8 Regional Boss) @ 6/15/2006 15:15
Christ this is sooo old. My school was doing it ages ago, and it wasn't as much for ringtones as for pissing other people in the class off. They'd turn it on and the teacher wouldnt notice but we'd have to grin and bare it cus the teachers would think we were crazy. Obviously we didn't grin and bare it though we just slapped them round the faces. But yanow.

Lawrence (Level 10 Operative) @ 6/15/2006 15:01
It's a bit like the kind of high-frequency noise you get from a CRT television.

Ensellitis (Level 11 Sensei) @ 6/15/2006 11:37
I am so gonna use that to annoy people.  I will test it on some old people.  I can hear it and I'm 22

CDI (Level 5 Detective) @ 6/15/2006 08:04
=\ I can barely hear it, and I'm 17 :P but I have very good hearing noneth- AH HA! turn the speakers up... and annoy everyone around me

Skull (Level 11 CEO) @ 6/15/2006 06:37
That really really hurt my ears...

fishmeester (Level 2 Dealer) @ 6/15/2006 04:50
I can hear it, I'm young :D
But my mother cant.

Ensellitis (Level 11 Sensei) @ 6/14/2006 21:18
Ah ha ha!  Cure wins todays "SNAP!"

cure (Level 11 Godfather) @ 6/14/2006 21:05
Or, instead of using laser-guided kryptonite-powered space age technology, you could put the phone on vibrate.

p30 icon/pixelartPet 03b - Adult Lion icon/pixelartAnother mockup icon/pixelartGlass of cola icon/pixelart