America's Best And Worst Paying Jobs

Forbes.com just releast a list of the best and worst paying jobs in America.

Surgeon is #1 (Duh!), and Fast Food Cook is in dead last, well maybe right after my crummy job...

How do you compare?

Posted by Ensellitis @ 6/12/2006 22:29  |    15

Mykola (Level 2 Flatfoot) @ 1/25/2007 07:36

LOLL guys you wouldn't want to know what we in Ukraine earn. I won't even tell you not to embarass myself.

Of course here prices/taxes and all that mess are really lower and shit and you can pretty much live well off on what we earn here.. But it's still shit compared.. even to the McD's frycook. To earn 20-something k a year here - you must be really in the top tier (a lead programmer, a top manager etc).. No joke..

And you REALLY don't wanna know how much fast food frycooks 'earn' here LOL.

E-Magination (Level 3 Sniper) @ 6/14/2006 08:55
Suprising prostitutes arent anywhere.

Ensellitis (Level 11 Sensei) @ 6/14/2006 07:40
I wish I had some kind of education about credit before I left school...  If I had known how important it was, I garuntee I would be better off today

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 6/14/2006 07:19

They should teach fiscal responsibility and why credit is crucial to high school kids.  Once you are out in the real world destroying your credit and blowing through all your cash it's too late.

Setzer (Level 8 Cannibal) @ 6/14/2006 01:20

I just leech off my mother.

Ensellitis (Level 11 Sensei) @ 6/13/2006 22:09
That's almost the same anywhere in the USA really, unless you have kick ass credit.  If you make less than $30,000, there is little chance you will ever close on a house.

So, remember kiddies, do good in school or live in the apt. above me.

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 6/13/2006 18:01
Oops, didn't notice the average salary was in the article.

WIth condos going for $400K+ in Los Angeles making anything less than $37K/year pretty much gurantees you'll be renting until you die.

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 6/13/2006 17:55
What is the average american pay anyway?

Ensellitis (Level 11 Sensei) @ 6/13/2006 14:14
I make about 25,000 a year right now...  But it beats my pay as a stock boy in a gas station freezer.

PixelSnader (Level 2 Peon) @ 6/13/2006 13:00

the list pretty much tells me ''when you professionally slice and dice people, you get rich''

ptoing (Level 7 Underboss) @ 6/13/2006 12:03
I earn more than the average american pay, which makes me happy.

big brother (Level 11 Admiral) @ 6/13/2006 09:03

Damn, posted too soon. Gotta have a "modify post" feature. :)

I read further and the survey apparently takes bonuses into account, but not stocks (which is where most CEOs make a killing).

big brother (Level 11 Admiral) @ 6/13/2006 08:59
I believe this list only takes annual salary into account (not bonuses or stock incentives).

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 6/13/2006 07:05

Oof, I've done 5 out of the top 10 worst paying jobs and dishwashing paid less than anything by far for me.  Even working as a prep cook was good for an extra buck per hour.

Skull (Level 11 CEO) @ 6/13/2006 07:04
I have no job - only chores.. And I don't get paid. Me = worst.

Stone Practice icon/pixelartLeaf-chan icon/pixelartBanished Alchemist icon/pixelartChupacabraGirl icon/pixelart