Anyone heading to E3?

Scott Johnson's newest ExtraLife comic strip reminds me that E3 in Los Angeles is coming up quick (May 10-12).  Any of you pixel people gonna attend?

I've reposted my bitchy rants about the event below.  Keep in mind that I scramble to get tickets to the show year after year so I must get something out of it...

I went a few years in a row and it’s the same cycle every single time. All the best previews either have long lines or are roped off for press only. You feel compelled to collect piles of worthless schwag just because you’re carrying a plastic bag (it’s like collecting refuse on the side of the highway for a day). It’s noisy, dark and that booth babe is not going to give you any so don’t bother tucking in your shirt porky. The following interaction is the best you can hope for…

E3er: “Do you come with the game?”
Booth Babe: “Oh you, hehehe.”

(Thank you brilliant Simpsons writers)

On top of all that, this year they are going to start cracking down on booth-babes looking like whores. What the eff man.

Posted by sedgemonkey @ 4/18/2006 11:34  |    5

halfliquid (Level 1 Private) @ 4/22/2006 13:27
I've always wanted to go to E3 -- never had the chance! One of the things I want to do before I pass!

Nitram (Level 5 Sniper) @ 4/20/2006 00:26
Do you come with the car?

I wish I could go, maybe next time

Monsoon2D (Level 2 Flatfoot) @ 4/19/2006 08:12
Well, the company I've been doing work for will be taking care of all of that paperwork for me. (Yay!)

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 4/18/2006 21:51
Well, maybe I'll see you there (assuming I get my shit together and get tickets lined up). I hear they are requiring W2s this year if you are not a return visitor.

Monsoon2D (Level 2 Flatfoot) @ 4/18/2006 17:53
I'll be there this year, it seems.

Portraits N3 icon/pixelartChupacabraGirl icon/pixelartTrees and Rocks icon/pixelartPet 03a - Lion Baby icon/pixelart