Awards System Beta

We've got the awards system semi-working now.  Currently monthly pixel art is the only award working, but it won't be long before other awards are available.  If you've had a piece in the top 10 in any given month check your profile to see your spiffy trophy. Also, if you happen to run across any glitches please contact me and I'll get em fixed.

Many thanks to iSTVAN for quickly putting together trophy graphics.

Posted by sedgemonkey @ 3/22/2006 17:56  |    11

jalonso (Level 11 Godfather) @ 3/26/2006 00:03
Sedge, about the sidebar line under the awards it says "Mouseover an award to see why it was awarded. Pixel art related awards link to the piece that received the award." There is no mouseover action on (mac) Safari, firefox, or IE. If its a mac thing only then perhaps you should reword it to say "Click on award to see awarded pixelart." That way if you mouseover and it works, cool, if not then the visitor never knows that you write buggy code, hehe.

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 3/24/2006 14:05
Now that we've got the awards system in place we can give out awards for all sorts of stuff.

OMGFossil (Level 6 Yonkyu) @ 3/23/2006 21:30
I think there should be more categories for awards than just being in top 10, for example some trophies for avatar of the month or some forum related trophies would be nive.

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 3/23/2006 07:31

DeathByChris:  You definitely deserve an award for best avatar. Viva la RCR!

d-p:  I think you've got the best bouncing car award locked up.

jalonso:  Ahhh, that would probably work.

DeathByChris (Level 5 Killer Klown) @ 3/23/2006 06:07
awesome i gots two awards, i feel so special now thanks

BlackEye (Level 2 Quiet One) @ 3/23/2006 04:39
neat idea... somehow

d-p (Level 11 Psychopath) @ 3/23/2006 03:28
Hehe quite nice, quite nice. Although Im no friend of pressure to perform somehow. Im looking forward to the most bouncing cars award or anything like that...

jalonso (Level 11 Godfather) @ 3/23/2006 00:06
Just a line that says click trophy to view art is problably enough

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 3/22/2006 23:50

Maybe a list format would work better for the awards in the sidebar.

I think it's fun to try and create something that'll crack the monthly top 10. Keeps me motivated to try and keep up with the great artists.

jalonso (Level 11 Godfather) @ 3/22/2006 22:06
Sedge, I checked your profile to view the trophies on the side bar. It may be nice if it indicated that they are individual links to the art, I didn't pick that up at first. Its a great feature sure to inspire us all.

alkaline (Level 6 Yonkyu) @ 3/22/2006 20:05
ahh. cool trophies.

I just wish I had some

Theseus icon/pixelartBig Bertha icon/pixelartKdF-Wagen advertisement icon/pixelartDragon Jar icon/pixelart