Apple's new Intel ad

I hate to ever bring up the whole Mac/Windows/Linux Pandora's box (I have used all three and don't understand a fanatical devotion to any of them), but Apple's new advertisement with Intel is so stupid on so many levels.

I'm not sure why Intel feels the need to call millions of their customers braindead sheep in the new Mac ad.  It just doesn't seem like good business sense.

Posted by sedgemonkey @ 1/13/2006 11:32  |    17

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 1/17/2006 10:51

While we're on the topic, it looks like the ad in question is very similar to a post office ad...

Intel/Mac and Postal Service ad side by side

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 1/16/2006 14:32

Good call B da G and major props goes out to Wolverine for keeping hope alive.

PixelSnader (Level 2 Peon) @ 1/16/2006 13:56

i think apples are duller.. have you ever seen a casemodded apple? <3 blinking lights.. & stuff

Carnivac (Level 8 Shodan) @ 1/16/2006 04:32
Amiga foreeever :P

Brian the Great (Level 8 Brigadier General) @ 1/16/2006 03:39
I don't really care about the mac/pc war, I use pc because I'm used to it and thus is better to me.

Oh- and I just edited the title of the news article because Dutrho said it was Apple's.

bunlee (Level 5 Killer Klown) @ 1/16/2006 00:08
I agree! Stable and User experience that's no others can offer! I use both platform myself because of work. Mac sure have less problems.

Toby (Level 3 Stalker) @ 1/15/2006 22:03
.. and that was probably one of the most ignorant messages I've seen by far. Look, Apple making an ad doesen't really make all mac users self-absorbed. The ad doesn't make the whole of Apple self-absorbed. Although the ad might be a bit over the top, Apple still makes kickass products that work just fine for me and offer a lever of usability and stability no other vendor could offer - not for me at least, and I'd say that a lot of ex-windows users, ex-other mp3-player users - basically a lot of people would agree with.

You don't necessarily have to agree with Apple on everything, but for Mary Poppins sakes, loosen up a bit, when did people lose their sence of humour?

me7356 (Level 4 Murderer) @ 1/15/2006 19:50
That is the most egocentric ad I've ever seen. Apple's a bunch of greedy bastards, they shamelessly promote their products as much as possible, and guees what. The iPod isn't nearly as good as a Zen, my friend's got one, it kicks my iPod Mini's ass.

Sorry to all Mac - Lovers, Mac used to be good, until they became so self-absorbed.

Dutrho (Level 3 Sergeant) @ 1/14/2006 20:59
existing software will run under emulation, all new software will be native to OS X/Intel

Ripped Monkey (Level 1 Intern) @ 1/14/2006 14:47
Macs are pretty sweet. We just got a new one at the office. Really great engineering. We waited to buy it until after the macworld keynote. We knew that they would be introducing the intel-based mac. After seeing that they would run most apps in an emulation mode we decided on a G5. They got a ways to go.

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 1/14/2006 10:35

Apple sure has some unusual business practices.  A big chunk of their current success is due to the iPod and I wonder how long their grip on that market will last.  The iPod is a fantastic product and they deserve success for it, but they've been getting increasingly brash and arrogant lately.  There's more to success in a business then feeding the Mac zealots.

Vidd (Level 1 Rookie) @ 1/14/2006 03:36
I've read that intel weren't too pleased about these adverts but who can complain with Macs now twice as fast? :)

Dutrho (Level 3 Sergeant) @ 1/13/2006 21:41
just to clarify, Intel did not produce this ad.

its all Apple

jalonso (Level 11 Godfather) @ 1/13/2006 21:30
Macs rule!

15_characters

Psychotic_Carp (Level 1 Depressed) @ 1/13/2006 20:03

All MAC users must die!!!!

ok ill let em live

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 1/13/2006 13:17

Apple can insult their competition all they like, but Intel isn't in competition with Windows/Linux users at all -- they need Windows/Linux users.  The majority of their revenue comes from the people they just slapped in the face.

Toby (Level 3 Stalker) @ 1/13/2006 12:15
Actually, Intel didn't know anything about the ad until a few hours before Apple premiered it at MacWorld. Anyway, I wouldn't go taking it too seriously. All companies in the computer industry make fun of each other, Apple just has the balls to do it in the competitions face.

Kirby icon/pixelartFraktur font "ARYAN" icon/pixelartThe Rulekeeper icon/pixelartDuckling Parade icon/pixelart