Top 10 Web Moments of 2005

I spend a lot of time browsing the web (endless hours better spent working and sleeping and loving and learning) and I still managed to miss some of the Top 10 Web Moments of 2005. The Flying Spaghetti (so damn hard to spell that) Monster movement is a personal favorite.

Any other neat web stuff out there that we might've missed this year?

Posted by sedgemonkey @ 1/3/2006 10:31  |    5 | Source

OMGFossil (Level 6 Yonkyu) @ 1/4/2006 22:07
BUT MOST OF ALL, SAMY IS MY HERO

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 1/3/2006 14:34

The podcast explosion is bizarre because the tech has been around for years -- small audio files served up on a server and downloaded to a portable audio player. Not exactly revolutionary stuff, but I guess it's all about timing. I would love to download regular audio shows for the drive to and from work -- I'm just too lazy and cheap to get an MP3 player and hook it into my car.

halfliquid (Level 1 Private) @ 1/3/2006 12:12
The only one from that list that I did not recall was the "7. Blogger sits out Hurricane Katrina in office building" one.

There are so many "top 2005" lists out there -- but I think the 'podcast' movement is a pretty narly one. I love downloading things like TWiT, diggnation, and things like the Ricky Gervais Show (guy from UK's "Office") from Guardian Unlimited, just listening to them on my player.

pixelblink (Level 9 Federal Agent) @ 1/3/2006 11:22
play the Spaghetti Monster Game and convert as many people as you can.

Blueberry_pie (Level 7 General Manager) @ 1/3/2006 11:01
Nice. I think I saw this on CNN once - or at least something that included the Numa Numa Dance and that Narnia Rap.

Recycled Conscript icon/pixelartDread Engine - Sons of Peril icon/pixelartGhibli Tea Set icon/pixelartFriendly Setting icon/pixelart