RCR Skin for Winamp

Seems like River City Ransom is getting mentioned everywhere these days. Winamp has just released their very own RCR skin not to mention a few other retro game skins for their media player.

Just to name a few. Check out the Winamp website for more game skins

P.S. Somebody should make a PJ themed skin. Any takers?

Posted by pixelblink @ 11/30/2005 16:24  |    14

DeathByChris (Level 5 Killer Klown) @ 12/14/2005 09:29
hmm ive never really used winamp.

Akira (Level 5 Sniper) @ 12/3/2005 22:22

i'll compile a skin if people want to contribute

classic only though

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 12/1/2005 14:39

The GTA3 comparison was a joke, but there are some similarities -- you can wander non-sequentially around a city beating people up in both games and they both have similar RPG-light elements.

Faktablad (Level 6 SWAT) @ 12/1/2005 12:55

River City Ransom was one of the best.  Those skins rock.

Sucks about your RCR cartridge, Wolverine.  I'd pack your friend into a box and send him to China.

Brian the Great (Level 8 Brigadier General) @ 12/1/2005 12:07
I'd punch him in the face until he says BARF and drops all his money if I were you.

Carnivac (Level 8 Shodan) @ 12/1/2005 11:59
....

My idiot friend just stepped on my Street Gangs (UK RCR) cart about 20 mins ago...   cracked right through the case and board.

tis all broken...

Carnivac (Level 8 Shodan) @ 12/1/2005 09:59
I don't agree with that about GTA and RCR.  Not sure what you mean exactly by it but I feel GTA feels more 'open ended' mainly because there's usually many more things to do whereas RCR is still at heart a scrolling beat 'em up.  Now if the next GTA on PS3 or whatever has RCR as a fully working arcade game in one of the bars... that would be the best.

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 12/1/2005 09:47

River City Ransom just might be my favorite game of all time. It has GTA3 beat by a mile for the "open ended" gameplay thang.

Good find Mr. PB.

Blueberry_pie (Level 7 General Manager) @ 12/1/2005 06:52
Those Pac-Man and Earthbound are teh sex.

Carnivac (Level 8 Shodan) @ 12/1/2005 02:57
Just noticed the RCR guy in his dying sprite when ya hover over a close window button.  Flashes and everything.  Superb

Carnivac (Level 8 Shodan) @ 12/1/2005 02:55
I love skins like this.  They seem well designed and capture the sort of 'feel' of the old games without just slapping ripped graphics everywhere messily like some others I've seen.

The RCR one has got me thinking about digging up an old RCR-style project of mine (gameplay wise, not graphically)

Badassbill (Level 11 Psychopath) @ 12/1/2005 00:34
W00, Earthbound! *downloads*

BlackEye (Level 2 Quiet One) @ 11/30/2005 23:35
river city ransom seriously kicks ass ^^
i don't wonder everyone talks about it

*misses colinsick somehow*

PixelSnader (Level 2 Peon) @ 11/30/2005 18:34
heh i might try a hand at making a Pjoint skin if i know HOW to =P

Maruko and Sakiko icon/pixelartTransference icon/pixelartExploring icon/pixelartOldStuff2 icon/pixelart