Want to play Mario Party 507?

Scientists have recently been working on trying to extend the lifespan of organisms and they claim that they have had a breakthrough. They say they can now extend an organisms lifespan to 5 times longer than normal, which means a Human could live for 500 years. See here for the full story.

Posted by Badassbill @ 11/21/2005 06:39  |    25

me7356 (Level 4 Murderer) @ 12/6/2005 03:30
That gives me a solution:

Introducing, the controversial,
Overpopulation bomb!

Yes, that's right, you heard me, a bomb.

But omgomgomg, we're all gonna die!

Wrong. You see, the over population bomb will be launched into all overpopulated countries. China, India, France, and we don't have to stop there!

Hey, France isn't overpopulated!

So?

How does the overpopulation bomb work?

Well, it releases atoms, and has the power of a modern-day atom bomb, but on top of that, it releases the chemical that makes you live longer, so whoever lives, lives longer!

But wouldn't that start a war?

No, you can't deny it's productivity. It helps keep the population under conrol, but also makes them live longer. It's the ultimate solution.

Well, that concludes my segment on the overpopulation bomb, do you think it'll word?
Actually, I don't need your opinion, because I know it will, but do it for the hell of it.

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 11/24/2005 14:12

I thought the same thing about vampires when I first read this.  Although if everyone lived hundreds of years it'd be a little different.

halfliquid (Level 1 Private) @ 11/24/2005 09:49
I've learned a lesson from watching Interview with a Vampire. You don't want to live that long watching everyone around you die. It's very lonely!

Blick (Level 6 Commander) @ 11/23/2005 21:08
I am making a new world. It's located in Alaska and is called "Blick Land" and the only thing illegal is people.

I just found the solution to overpopulation. It's Earth's problem now. My world is so much better.

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 11/23/2005 08:42

Overpopulation is definitely a miserable problem that exacerbates every major worldwide issue and is especially harmful for the environment. Maybe we should invest more effort into birth control and responsible parenting before we start living for centuries.

It's hard to fathom humans living for even 100 years on average. We're already having huge problems with caring for the elderly and it's going to get worse with the baby boomers getting older.

Angel (Level 5 Soldier) @ 11/22/2005 22:20
Yep...
One point to Stella818.

Stella818 (Level 1 Rookie) @ 11/22/2005 19:47

I don't think humans were meant to live that long.  If we were, we would be doing it.  And just think: if everyone lived that long, the world would be so over-crowded- and, in my oppinon, it already is over-crowded.  If people did this, then nature's balance would be way off.  ...makes me want to ew.

Blick (Level 6 Commander) @ 11/22/2005 19:26
Screw that. I'm quitting life sooner than 100 one way or the other.

Angel (Level 5 Soldier) @ 11/22/2005 09:18
Eaven if they can make the cells, and Organisms live six times longer, where still probably gona die by something else, like fo example the bones in our body will be so fragile after 200 years so that we have to change them agains metall-bones and be like Wolverine
(whitout the claws)... Imortality will come later

I dont think I want to live for 500 years anway

Brian the Great (Level 8 Brigadier General) @ 11/22/2005 09:05
The only question that remains: will people mentally 'die' if they get that old?

me7356 (Level 4 Murderer) @ 11/22/2005 08:55
Acording to BAB's and mine calculations:
A 100-year-old woud be about 16.

I would.

Badassbill (Level 11 Psychopath) @ 11/22/2005 07:43
Well, they say that they slowed the aging progress not just exstend lifespan, so to an exstent we would look younger, but we would still shrink because of wear and tear of our bones and joints. Atleast thats what I think.

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 11/22/2005 07:37

Monsoon2D is right... 500 years would allow some amazing chances for knowledge and advancement.  A 400 year veteran in science, computers or mathematics would probably be able to help advance their field quite a bit.

OMGFossil is right too... how will our bodies age?  Will a 200 year old person look like Skeletor or is it possible to be a vibrant young looking person?

Badassbill (Level 11 Psychopath) @ 11/22/2005 03:18
5 times longer, which means aswell as 1, add the 5 which equals 6, the average human life is 80, 80 x 6 = 480 (roughly 500 years).

OMGFossil (Level 6 Yonkyu) @ 11/22/2005 02:32
Akira, who would want to have sex with someone who's over 100 years old anyways

Akira (Level 5 Sniper) @ 11/21/2005 17:01
The genes they'd knock out would also reduce reproduction so the world wouldn't be so crowded after all as everyone would have 5 times less children. besides, i've discovered the elixer of life so i need no genetic messing around.

Monsoon2D (Level 2 Flatfoot) @ 11/21/2005 15:52
Personally, yeah. I'd love to live that long. Imagine how much knowledge you could gain. You have to take into account, of course, how few people would live to see old age.

pangaru (Level 4 Murderer) @ 11/21/2005 15:39
Would anyone WANT to live this long?
But still, it sounds interesting.

Brian the Great (Level 8 Brigadier General) @ 11/21/2005 15:11
Imagine how crowded the world would be. o_O

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 11/21/2005 13:37

I have a feeling by the time they work out the kinks in this we'll all be long dead.

me7356 (Level 4 Murderer) @ 11/21/2005 13:33
It's 600 years, not 500...

People already  living wouldn't be able to live 500 years, here's a quick equation to find out how long they's live:
A = Age
F = How long they can live
500 - (A x 6) = F

So, me, I'm 14, so:

500 - (14 x 6) = F
500 - 84 = F
416 = F

I can live to approximately 416. Yippee

Faktablad (Level 6 SWAT) @ 11/21/2005 13:04
100 years is enough for me.

Brian the Great (Level 8 Brigadier General) @ 11/21/2005 12:29
Ah yes. You're absolutely right.

me7356 (Level 4 Murderer) @ 11/21/2005 12:21
He would look like a 100 ear-old, as the aging process is just 5 times slower...

Brian the Great (Level 8 Brigadier General) @ 11/21/2005 12:11
Imagine how a 500-year old would look. I don't want to grow that old.

Danda ai icon/pixelartTrees and Rocks icon/pixelartIcecream icon/pixelartCrying Deer icon/pixelart