Mario on the marimba and NES-ified music

I've actually never heard of a marimba before (it resembles a xylophone), but the Super Mario theme is a perfect fit for it.

Over at Something Awful there's a collection of 16 songs covered using 8-bit NES style audio.

Posted by sedgemonkey @ 11/21/2005 01:01  |    7 | Source

Monsoon2D (Level 2 Flatfoot) @ 11/24/2005 12:39
Okay, Sedge. Here's that video. I couldn't find the link, so I had to host it myself. Won't be up for too long...

Should work... I think.

Brian the Great (Level 8 Brigadier General) @ 11/21/2005 12:45
Somethingawful.com stole omgwtfbbq! Gr.

Angel (Level 5 Soldier) @ 11/21/2005 11:55
The where very good at what they where doing I guess, but why where the audience screaming all the time. They realy must like the SuperMario-themes
(I´ve never heard of marimba either)

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 11/21/2005 11:48

I'd really love to see that. I remember all those great punchout characters.

Monsoon2D (Level 2 Flatfoot) @ 11/21/2005 08:55
I saw a Punch-Out!! presentation that is similar to this; I'll post the link when/if I can find it.

Faktablad (Level 6 SWAT) @ 11/21/2005 08:41
I can't believe you've never heard of a marimba.  That was long, but sweet.  Looks like they were having fun.

Carnivac (Level 8 Shodan) @ 11/21/2005 04:09
Hmm... I really like the Kashmir version, but some of those songs I can't even stand in their original state (I despise Coldplay songs for a start)...  Wish they were at least in NSF format like my NES soundtracks.  MP3's seem a tad bulky for NES tunes.

Amiga Top-down Dungeon icon/pixelartMutations & Other Characters icon/pixelartBlorp icon/pixelartOmega Legion - Martyr Infantry icon/pixelart