The average person in your area is hot

A photographer has traveled around the world takings snaps of people to come up with what an "average" person looks like in different cities. Is it just me or is every composite image way better looking than any average person you'd see out and about?  Maybe I just live in an ugly area.

Posted by sedgemonkey @ 11/17/2005 08:34  |    13 | Source

PixelSnader (Level 2 Peon) @ 11/24/2005 06:52

faktablad is completely right here

its because all variables are mediated

like, take to big a hamburger, and to small a hamburger, if you take the middle of it, you have the perfect sized burger

d-p (Level 11 Psychopath) @ 11/19/2005 10:42
Average face, average ass, average income, average age, average puking.

Shivers (Level 1 Rookie) @ 11/18/2005 19:00
Aye Aye Cap'n!

Psychotic_Carp (Level 1 Depressed) @ 11/18/2005 18:22

shiver me timbers

.....

The female composite is kind of cute

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 11/18/2005 14:44

Shivers, the offending comment was removed.

Why the heck is the USA not represented?

Shivers (Level 1 Rookie) @ 11/18/2005 14:22
Blackgoku, this is a news post and in civilized pixel communities we don't tell people they suck. We instead give critiques on how to improve their piece. I personally don't see anything wrong with  the piece, the arms are a little skinny but thats about it. If you're going to voice your dislike for something, atleast take the effort to say why. Otherwise people are just going to look down on your posts.

Shivers (Level 1 Rookie) @ 11/18/2005 03:47
I agree, the people seem very attractive and non average. I guess by average they are mixing good looking and not so good looking but it turns out there are more good looking people than bad looking?

Benito (Level 1 Rookie) @ 11/18/2005 01:44
Well my area (not london) has mainly got alot of really young or really old people so I find neither that good looking/

BruceJuice (Level 4 Mercenary) @ 11/17/2005 17:06
You live in an ugly area? Well, if it matters, I live near the number 11 ugliest town in america.

Benito (Level 1 Rookie) @ 11/17/2005 15:07
Hehe the London people look average. Not that hot.

DrunkyDuck (Level 1 Quiet One) @ 11/17/2005 13:51
I thought it was because the composites are edited so they don't have any skin anomalies.

Faktablad (Level 6 SWAT) @ 11/17/2005 11:39
The reason they are "hot" is because the human brain percieves average features as hot.  It's in our genetic makeup.

idle icon/pixelartScreenstruck icon/pixelartMore unused SOS stuff icon/pixelartA Ruined Village icon/pixelart