Videogame Ads 1982

Some kind soul has posted his collection of classic videogame ads featuring Atari, Intellivision and George Plimpton (?) are priceless.

Posted by sedgemonkey @ 11/15/2005 14:56  |    6 | Source

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 11/16/2005 23:52
You're my hero Hawk.

HawkTheSlayer (Level 4 Button Man) @ 11/16/2005 22:52

Sedge, a selection of comic book ads for the NES can be found here,

They haven't got a lot, but some classic ones that I remember seeing in the import US comic that I used to buy here in the UK (Aside from 2000AD, UK comics sucked back then and probably still do, I don't have the money to waste on  em' these days!!).

Enjoy!!!

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 11/16/2005 11:52
The great thing about growing up in that era is all the anticipation that comes with the huge leaps and bounds in tech with each new console. Nowadays the leaps are not quite so dramatic.

Blueberry_pie (Level 7 General Manager) @ 11/16/2005 11:13
That's some great stuff
Sometimes I really wish I was born earlier so I could have experienced those computers and consoles.

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 11/16/2005 07:42

These really are fun. The first ads I remember for games were in comic books for Nintendo in 1984. I'd love to see a collection of those.

pixelblink (Level 9 Federal Agent) @ 11/15/2005 23:15
Awesomeness! Brings back some good memories as well as some ones I never knew I had. Thanks for sharing

Pretty Busy - Rework icon/pixelartMood:Wavey icon/pixelartTrees and Rocks icon/pixelartToday Land 2019 game mockups icon/pixelart