Katamari Playground

The creator of the PS2 cult hit Katamari Damaci (one of the most unique games out there) wants to create children's playgrounds once he's through with the video game industry.  Anyone who has played either Katamari game knows just how whacky and fun these playgrounds will likely be.

Posted by sedgemonkey @ 11/11/2005 09:47  |    9

halfliquid (Level 1 Private) @ 11/19/2005 21:15
All these boring playgrounds around my way! More power to him. You have to go for what you love.

They just renovated the park that I live right next to. Boy, would it be cool if we had Keita Takahashi over here, I'll tell you what!

:P

Monstara (Level 1 Rookie) @ 11/15/2005 06:28
well "Developers want to come up with fun games but ideas are judged by their sales potential" -- The Man says that.

DeathByChris (Level 5 Killer Klown) @ 11/14/2005 14:11
i keep playing until i can roll that sucker up to the point were i can roll up clouds and shit on that one level were you talk to the elephant that ones the most fun.

Monsoon2D (Level 2 Flatfoot) @ 11/12/2005 08:38
Yeah. I, too, play the games for hours on end. In fact, I just gathered up all of the presents and cousins last night. So, after god knows how many hours, I can say that I am FINALLY done with We <3 Katamari,

Think Acid (Level 1 Rookie) @ 11/11/2005 22:19
I find myself playing We love Katamari constantly. The orginal is TONS different from the second. The first has basic missions "You must do this to advance to the next level" As apposed to the second one where you have many more levels, all with a different goal (collecting 1,000 cranes, or collecting money to 'save the pandas', or just rolling up every country into a big katamari ). I got the sequal before I got the original, and I still play the sequal more than the first. Even though the creator isnt happy with the second one I find it much better than the first xD

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 11/11/2005 11:42
Wolverine, although I probably enjoy the game more than you I agree with you for the most part --  It's not a game that you can really play for hours on end.  But what I find most important about the game is the unique and simplified approach to gaming.  We need more games that can't be pegged into a "genre".

Carnivac (Level 8 Shodan) @ 11/11/2005 11:24
I still can't get into that game.  It's fun for a few minutes but I just really lose interest real quickly.  More a game I respect than enjoy.

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 11/11/2005 10:35

Heh, safety is something I didn't really take into account.  Natural selection works best anyway.

Monsoon2D (Level 2 Flatfoot) @ 11/11/2005 10:27
I'm sure that the playgrounds will be completely unsafe; more power to 'im.

Beast Hunter (Bloodborne) icon/pixelartStealth Shot? icon/pixelartMinotaur icon/pixelartGhibli Tea Set icon/pixelart