Dot Invasion releases Meteor Busters game

Dot Invasion, a pixel-associated site, has released their very much anticipated game, Meteor Busters. The game is in colors that resemble a gameboy game, they even made a small system very similar to the gameboy called the "peopleboy" for which the game is played on. One of the most detailed pixel games I've played in a while. So without further to do, here's the link:

Posted by TakeOut @ 11/3/2005 18:01  |    6

Toby (Level 3 Stalker) @ 11/6/2005 02:56
Agreeing with blueberry, the backgrounds do very much look like color reduced screenshots from google earth, no that it really bothers me though.

The gameplay is simple and the game does get kinda addictive. Also, the graphics are good. I think the only rather annoying things is that explosions overrule meteors, so you can't see if there are small meteors under an explosion coming your way or not. Apart from that, meterorbuster rocks - big rocks ;)

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 11/4/2005 07:38

I certainly hope they continued to add minigames and features to this little system.

Blueberry_pie (Level 7 General Manager) @ 11/4/2005 06:38
Woah, awesome stuff. The graphics and gameplay are great, and the sound effects are really nice
I get the feeling the backgrounds in the game are colour reduced photos though.

pixelblink (Level 9 Federal Agent) @ 11/3/2005 22:24
looks like they have it set up to add more games in the future... which of course totally rocks! All I can say is... sweeeet!

The B.O.B. (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 11/3/2005 22:06

I can't believe I'm saying this but, I actually agree with Sedge. I thought it was pretty cool. The simplicity of it only made me like it even more.(not to mention, that it was pretty damn addictive) I was wondering though, will this, "PeopleBoy" be making any more games anyt time soon?

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 11/3/2005 18:14

Game is simple and fun and I totally dig the interface.

Stone Practice icon/pixelartpumpk1nw1tch icon/pixelartSamurai icon/pixelartPixel Art Profile icon/pixelart