Speech Bubbles

Jil Lee put 500 empty speech bubbles in the streets and took pictures of what people wrote in.  Some funny stuff.

[ Via Ozone Asylum ]

Posted by Ensellitis @ 9/20/2005 04:13  |    12

Faktablad (Level 6 SWAT) @ 9/21/2005 13:37
Ahh, now I see it.  The people who wrote those in were quite creative.

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 9/21/2005 10:59

Probably a blog traffic wave induced issue.

Brian the Great (Level 8 Brigadier General) @ 9/21/2005 09:20
It seems to work here. Maybe it was a temporary 404? Try this if it's still not working.

pixelblink (Level 9 Federal Agent) @ 9/21/2005 00:45
linky no worky :(

Faktablad (Level 6 SWAT) @ 9/20/2005 19:28
The link isn't working for me.  I get a 404 error.

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 9/20/2005 10:22

That's what I'm talking 'bout.

Shark (Level 1 Jukyu) @ 9/20/2005 10:12
yeah, i have a few photos from my german exchange trip where people performed dirty poses on animal statues, ie dogs and pigs and random statues of people.

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 9/20/2005 09:11

I was thinking it would be fun to "label" the world with "Hello my name is..." stickers. When Prince wrote "slave" across his forehead when he was having issues at Warner Music was really on to something.

Another collaborative photo collection I've always wanted to see is of people faux-screwing (kissing, groping, humping, etc) various public statues, decorations, characters in suits (Mickey Mouse) and anything else that allows itself to be photographed in a compromised position. Half the pictures my girlfriend and I take at Universal Studios are of us fondling the various cardboard cutouts and statues.  I know we're not the only ones out there that do this... are we?

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 9/20/2005 08:44

That's an interesting idea especially if you filled it with packing peanuts so they would have to dig around looking for nothing.  It'd be interesting to see how many people will dig through a strange cardboard box. Only thing that sucks is that it requires that you hang out and watch.

Brian the Great (Level 8 Brigadier General) @ 9/20/2005 08:34
 No wait, get cardboard boxes from the supermarket, paint them yellow with giant ?s on it, an hang them up with very small pieces of string. See of people will look for coins inside.

Brian the Great (Level 8 Brigadier General) @ 9/20/2005 08:24
Stickers?

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 9/20/2005 08:08
Good stuff.  I ran through them all this morning.  That's a really creative guerilla art project.  We need to think of something cool that we can all do in our respective cities/towns and take snaps of... any ideas?

Shaw icon/pixelartTiny Dragons Test icon/pixelartDenolian icon/pixelartNarancia icon/pixelart