The World Will End in 2014 (really!)

CAMBRIDGE, Mass. -- Scared-stiff astronomers have detected a mysterious mass they've dubbed a "chaos cloud" that dissolves everything in its path, including comets, asteroids, planets and entire stars -- and it's headed directly toward Earth!

Discovered April 6 by NASA's Chandra X-ray Observatory, the swirling, 10 million-mile- wide cosmic dust cloud has been likened to an "acid nebula" and is hurtling toward us at close to the speed of light -- making its estimated time of arrival 9:15 a.m. EDT on June 1, 2014.

"The good news is that this finding confirms several cutting- edge ideas in theoretical physics," announced Dr. Albert Sherwinski, a Cambridge based astrophysicist with close ties to NASA.

"The bad news is that the total annihilation of our solar system is imminent."

Read the full article.

Posted by Faktablad @ 9/19/2005 13:21  |    15

clarkman (Level 1 Rookie) @ 3/26/2013 11:26

that is so wrong who gets there kicks out of scarin the crap out of people man how would you like it if i told you that the world had a huge dynamite in the middle and you believed jerk you really had me fooled now i know most of the crap they put on the internet is junk

baseballfreakj22 (Level 1 Rookie) @ 2/27/2009 20:19

This is soooo fake.....

Monkey 'o Doom (Level 11 Psychopath) @ 3/30/2006 05:06
Lol, this thing has more mangled facts in it than my old science substitute.

me7356 (Level 4 Murderer) @ 9/20/2005 13:10
 God, I believed it for like, 10 minutes. Then I read the comments.
I was happy, but now I'm not.
Damn you, tricking me into the end of all existence, which would rule, and they would inevitably put me on that craft.

Blueberry_pie (Level 7 General Manager) @ 9/20/2005 11:54
Heh, if it weren't April 1st today I'd actually believe this.

Wait, it's not. Damn

Di0xygen (Level 4 Mercenary) @ 9/19/2005 22:17
 dam when i read it i wished it would of been true. i mean finally the end of existance, and actually close by, its not that im impatient but i hate humanity soo much that a global erradication of life would be better for everyone. yet honestly i would hope something less planetary destructive like.. human dies, nature lives and life start over as it should be.. withouth us..

well very inventive news  made me giggle

Ripped Monkey (Level 1 Intern) @ 9/19/2005 20:41
 Shoot. I just upped my life insurance because of it. Damn you!

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 9/19/2005 18:51

It fooled me. Maybe I should actually read the article instead of just skimming next time.

Faktablad (Level 6 SWAT) @ 9/19/2005 18:33
I believed it too, when I first read it.  I actually submitted it to the news before I found out that it wasn't real.  Sorry guys.  But even if it isn't--it's the most inventive tabloid story i've ever heard, wouldn't you agree?  They're getting pretty good.

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 9/19/2005 18:22

You bastard.

Heh, the sending humans into space thing did sound a little strange.

Faktablad (Level 6 SWAT) @ 9/19/2005 16:18

Don't worry guys.  It's a tabloid story from Weekly World News.  That's quite an inventive 'bloid writer, though...

(P.S. please don't kill me )

OMGFossil (Level 6 Yonkyu) @ 9/19/2005 16:10
 Heh. When I read this I was first thinking the dust cloud they saw on the telescope or something might have just been some smudge on the lens

The B.O.B. (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 9/19/2005 14:30

2014, heh....I can't believe we were just talking about what we would do if the world were to suddenly end in the chatterbox...and now this...jeez...way to ruin my day Faktablad, or maybe even my life....well, at least thanx for the heads up, now it's time to get off my lazy ass and fulfill some lifelong dreams....

Strangely enough though, I kinda find this hard to believe...cuz I'm pretty sure this would have hit news channels all over the place, causing mass panic, and of course, religous doomsday theories would once again arise....Damn, I guess the Jehova's witness's really were right...Seriously, hope this isn't real..."I'm too young to die!!!!"...

Ensellitis (Level 11 Sensei) @ 9/19/2005 14:25
 I'm not to worried about it.  If it was confirmed and proven, then we would definately be hearing about this every 5 minutes...  Like the end of the article says: "The existence of this so called chaos cloud is only a theory. Americans shouldn't panic until all the facts are in."

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 9/19/2005 13:55

Wow, that would blow... I was hoping the Earth would survive at least until I die. Oh well.

r slash Portrait icon/pixelartFruit ninja cat3 icon/pixelartShmup Game Hero icon/pixelartLéa Sunmane - Sideview Pose icon/pixelart