Villain lineup for Spider-Man 3

I never know what to believe on these movie gossip sites, but it looks like the villain lineup for Spider-Man 3 is set: Venom, Sandman and Hobgoblin.

Sounds like it could be a crowded movie.

Posted by sedgemonkey @ 9/12/2005 00:08  |    8

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 9/14/2005 14:34
No doubt about that. He'll have to do the 'American History X' Edward Norton beef up.

DeathByChris (Level 5 Killer Klown) @ 9/14/2005 10:07

Topher Grace as Venom? Eddie Brock is a big guy in the comics Topher`s got some major beefing up to do to fit that part.

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 9/13/2005 12:52

Secret Wars!!! I can't believe anyone remembers that.  What a mess the Secret Wars were. Marvel just needed an excuse to cross-promote their comics.

I don't think the origin of the symbiote is all that important, but I think they could work in the alien part pretty easily without getting to complicated. It could just be attached to a comet that crashes to earth or something.

Carnivac (Level 8 Shodan) @ 9/13/2005 03:44
 With that choice of actor as Venom it might be more like the Ultimate Spider-Man comic where Brock is younger and the symbiote is made from a scientific experiment.  That way the movie writers can avoid the whole alien thing and keep the movie more grounded in 'reality'.  The cartoon did it well enough having it brought back from a space shuttle flight though.  Much more streamlined than the original comic version in which Spidey got the symbiote from a machine on an alien world during Secret Wars which involved nearly every Marvel character...

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 9/12/2005 18:07

Again, I'm not entirely sure how accurate the article is, but Topher Grace and William Hayden Church are definitely both signed on.

The B.O.B. (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 9/12/2005 17:23
Topher Grace?...How about no...I remember watching the spider-man cartoons and I always saw Eddie Brock as a kinda big tough guy, before he became Venom. Heh, It would be funny if they actually got Brock Lesnar, the wrestler, to play Eddie Brock. He has the flat top, and retarded tough guy attitude, but I'm pretty damn sure he might have to take a couple acting lessons.(a couple meaning, 100...)

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 9/12/2005 13:07
Yeah, he's my favorite as well.  They have Topher Grace from "That 70's Show" pegged to play Eddie Brock. That doesn't seem right at all.

Blueberry_pie (Level 7 General Manager) @ 9/12/2005 07:11
This I gotta see. Venom is my favourite Spider-Man villain

1bit faces icon/pixelarttiny town icon/pixelartFanart AKF Arena characters 8 icon/pixelartRandom Gal 6 icon/pixelart