Chappelle Show over already?

Charlie Murphy, one of the stars of the Chappelle Show says that the show is over.  A huge comedy hit flames out in just two seasons -- how the hell did that happen?  It's a damn shame.

Click here to find out more about the end and read a suprisingly apt comparison between Tupac and the show by Charlie Murphy.

Posted by sedgemonkey @ 8/3/2005 14:37  |    6

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 8/4/2005 08:46

Charlie Murphy's True Hollywood stories were the best.  Two moments had me dying...

"What did the five fingers say to the face?" and Rick James kicking his feet on the couch.  Soooooo funny.

pixelblink (Level 9 Federal Agent) @ 8/4/2005 01:33
My favourites were crackhead Tyrone, Samuel Jackson Beer, and Charlie Murphy's True Hollywood Stories feat. Prince. This show didn't make me laugh ALL the time but, when it did, I pissed my pants with hillarity. It will be missed.

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 8/3/2005 23:14

It definitely had some bizarre sketches that didn't really go anywhere, but some of the classic moments on that show were brilliant.  The Real World spoof was pure gold.

Saboteur (Level 4 Shichikyu) @ 8/3/2005 15:45

Man, that show was awesome. Well, parts of it. some of it was... a little strange, to say the least. I feel like Dave Chapelle was sick of the show. Like, it wasn't going how he wanted it, or something. And in order to retain his image he bailed out on it in the most cracked out way possible. I mean... a spiritual journey to africa? does it get much weirder?

Most of his stuff was mocking racism. If you feel strongly about racism, you probably would be offended. Maybe.

Garage Inc. (Level 3 Sergeant) @ 8/3/2005 15:29
I never really did like that show. I didn't think it was that funny. Might just be me.

Ensellitis (Level 11 Sensei) @ 8/3/2005 15:04
 I wonder if it has anything to do with Chappelle checking himself into a mental institution?  (If it said it does in that article, sorry, too lazy to read something huge right now. )

Who's that Pokemon? icon/pixelartMoonlight icon/pixelartUlisees icon/pixelartSteve's Looked Better icon/pixelart