A couple of questions for y'all

Yeah, not news - but this is the only way I can reach all of ye, so sorry about that.

Anyway. What do you guys feel about doing a group project sometime in the future? I can't say I have any ideas into exactly what, but something which includes is all making some sort of pixel art that can be fitted together.

Examples include things like a quilt, or a train or something along those lines. But those are terrible examples and I'm positive you can come up with something better.

So yeah, I'd like your thoughts on that.

On another note my tooth is killing me and I'm going to get some nutmeg for it.

Posted by Belle @ 2/24/2005 08:58  |    25

Belle (Level 1 Rookie) @ 3/5/2005 16:18
*eats your forum of evil*

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 3/3/2005 15:35
The beta forum should be ready soon kiddies. big smile

Belle (Level 1 Rookie) @ 3/2/2005 04:12
It should probably be taken into account that some of us hate pixelling buildings, cities and the like.

I know I do.
*bangs head*

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 2/28/2005 08:49
iSTVAN has already made great human templates and tiles and even a couple of example animals. I'll chat with him about revitalizing the pixel zoo initiative. big smile

PIXEL mOnster (Level 1 Intern) @ 2/28/2005 08:24
A zoo would be cool.

We could all design amalgamations(is that even a word?) of different animals and what not...

For that, all we would need is human template so that we could make everything to scale....

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 2/28/2005 08:08
I proposed a pixel mall once at pixelation. iSTVAN and I both sort of started on a pixel zoo thing awhile back but we haven't moved it forward yet mostly because of my laziness. tongue

One of the threads on the forum should definitely be just for proposed templates. That way we can all critique and improve a template before we get started on a collab.

I'm going to get started on the forum today. And so begins the journey. big smile

Brian the Great (Level 8 Brigadier General) @ 2/28/2005 01:57
Hey, I went to that city!

Anyway, I think this is a great idea. Maybe make a pixel mall, like some guy on Pixelation once suggested?

smellylobster (Level 1 Rookie) @ 2/27/2005 14:02
it would be more of a human tower. Each of us draws a person trying to hold the person above him so they don't fall.

[link]

It would be like this, except one person for each level.

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 2/27/2005 13:43
smellylobster... I like all the ideas but could you explain the human ladder idea a little more?

smellylobster (Level 1 Rookie) @ 2/26/2005 20:54
more ideas:
1. a day at the beach
2. rampage (monsters destroying city)
3. human ladder
4. roller coaster

I'm liking the human ladder idea. No one would really have to depend on what the other is drawing. Just combine them all that end. It'll be funny to see all the people trying to hold each other up.

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 2/26/2005 12:21
I gotta be honest with y'all... even though I contributed to one of those chess piece things that collab doesn't really do it for me. I like a more free form collab like the bar scene at pixelation or the multi-headed hydra idea. Something that has a base, but everyone can do their own take on a theme. Anyone object to the hydra idea or have any ideas for how to put it all together?

Dejital (Level 5 Sniper) @ 2/26/2005 11:39
They had all of those chessboard collabs at Pixelation in the last few weeks. Pixeljoint can always spice it up. big smile

pixelblink @ 2/26/2005 09:37
I'd like to get in on some collaborations at least myself... nice to find someone who can match my style of isometrics and work on a cool large piece together.
I just woke up really, so I have no real ideas at this time

initial_reality (Level 1 Rookie) @ 2/25/2005 16:48
So this is going to be the 1st PixelJoint big challenge/collab? Whit the rating system it will be easier to know who's the winner tongue

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 2/25/2005 14:58
This community is definitely still in its infancy. Right now there are 425 registered users, but we've only been fully accepting pixel art submissions since early December 2004 and pixeljoint.com wasn't even registered until November 2004.

Pixel Challenges and Pixel Collaborations are going to be kept very tidy in the forums, but "The Lounge" is going to be just for fun. We'll see how it goes. I'd like it if all of the pixel artists had a place to chat it up a bit. big smile

Akira (Level 5 Sniper) @ 2/25/2005 14:29
Lovin' the forum idea. If anyone wants crits they can head over to pixelation or somethin. Maybe have the forum use the titles we have here (me = cleaner) instead of having them revolve around postcounts? This would stop junky forum posts from plagueing the boards.
How many active members are here?

BTW: PIXEL mOnster has taken me up on the collab thing so if anyone still wants to do something it'll have to wait till after.

PIXEL mOnster (Level 1 Intern) @ 2/25/2005 10:30
Never been part of a collaboration, but I'd bee willing too join in on something here.

Just no towns or trains or apartments. Not to say that they wouldn't turn out good, but they have just been done before. More than enough. The hydra idea sounded pretty cool...

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 2/25/2005 10:29
We plan on adding a forum very soon with the following categories...

- Pixel Art Challenges
- Pixel Art Collaborations
- The Lounge (just a place to get friendly with fellow members and post off topic stuff)
- Support (site improvements, bug reports, faqs)

This will be a different forum than something like pixelation or pixeldev or deviantart. The two main categories will be very focused on two things: Collaboration and Challenges. Examples...

- Sticky: Suggest Pixel Art Challenge
- Challenge #1: Challenge description
- Challenge #2: Here's another challenge
------------------------------------------------------------
- Sticky: Suggest Pixel Art Collaboration
- Collaboration #1: Collab description
- Collaboration #2: ANother collab.

Please suggest anything else you would like to see to help build pixeljoint into a stronger pixel art community.

Akira (Level 5 Sniper) @ 2/25/2005 00:19
I've never been fond of community projects. It would be cool to have some sorta collab or challenge feature. Perhaps mr. sedge could post (fortnightly?) challenges? there certainly isn't enough over at pixelation.

BTW: I'm up for a collab/vs. challenge if anyone wants me ;)

Belle (Level 1 Rookie) @ 2/24/2005 22:44
I've never found isometric stuff to be all that fun... =/

Blick (Level 6 Commander) @ 2/24/2005 20:10
I'm not usually one to join the "make pieces and connect them" community projects, mainly because almost every single one of them that I come across is isometric and I hate having all the measuring and aligning when it comes to isometric stuff. I'm much more into challenges and collaborations.

the_keller (Level 1 Rookie) @ 2/24/2005 19:05
The hydra idea sounds cool. THat'd be way original.

smellylobster (Level 1 Rookie) @ 2/24/2005 13:25
Multi-headed Hydra? I'll think of something good later.

Blueberry_pie (Level 7 General Manager) @ 2/24/2005 11:48
That's a great idea! I can't come up with anything good for a group project, but the train thing sounds pretty cool.

sedgemonkey (Level 11 Master Assassin) @ 2/24/2005 11:42
I'd be interested in seeing what other people have in mind for pixel projects too. I like the train idea. That'd make a neat collab project.

iSTVAN proposed doing maybe a monthly project that doesn't have to join together, but it'd be nice to have something that has some cohesion. The trick seems to be getting a template that everyone takes an interest to.

Icecream icon/pixelartwet space icon/pixelartBeast Hunter (Bloodborne) icon/pixelartChupacabraGirl4Motion icon/pixelart